ARE YOU DROWNING IN PAPER?
FILE, MANAGE AND RETRIEVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS FROM ANYWHERE WITH PAPERACT EFC
5 Ways how NOT to file your documents:
- Shoebox: filing your important documents in shoeboxes might be a quick and easy thing to do. However, retrieving these important documents might become a 2hrs exercise!
- In trays: placing ‘to action’ documents in desks ‘in trays’ is probably one of the most counterproductive thing that might do when it comes to processing documents. The amount of time that you have to review the stack of documents to see and know what has to be actioned is very time consuming
- Email system: Most email systems do not and cannot search your important documents (attachments to emails). Outlook and gmail for example, will not search your email attachments and cannot get text out of pdf documents for example.
- Your local computer driver: storing your important documents on your local computer c:\ drive is probably one of the riskier places to put your documents. It is very likely that you will have to change your computer at least 2 or 3 times before the document will reach it’s end of lifer (in many cases business documents have to be kept for 3 years)
- In a folder in your office: Research suggest that:
- 7.5% of paper documents get lost completely
- 3% of the remainder get misfiled
- Original documents have to be stored for years
- $20 in labour is spent filing or retrieving a document
- $120 in labour is spent finding a misfiled document
When was the last time that you misfiled a document in your physical filing cabinet? How many copies of the information you have when it is being held in a filing cabinet in your office?To resolve all the issues and learn how to file your documents start using http://cloud.paperact.com NOW
How do you search for your email attachments?
Wikipedia defines email as is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Email is a communication system NOT a document management system. At PaperAct we sometimes refer to email as ‘document burial’ system due to the difficulties in retrieving email attachments. The most popular email programs are outlook and gmail neither of which have good attachment search capabilities. Many people saving their email attachments to their computer or network driver which results (again) with not only issues in document retrieval but also the risk of losing documents and the immediate disconnection from the email message itself that might be of importance. How do you file and retrieve your email attachments?
With more documents being sent to us via email we have to make sure that we’re compliant with the same regulations as our paper based documents; they MUST be searchable, retrievable and not modified (source document OR an exact representation of the source document). You can use PaperAct to resolve all these issues and more. Simply forward your important documents to PaperAct, where you will use your designated email address and PaperAct will file, store, index, convert to pdf and associate your email conversation with your email attachments document using our Paper Clipping function. Test driver PaperAct electronic Filing Cabinet at http://cloud.paperact.com
- do you save these documents into your harddisk?
- do you leave these electronic documents, including word/excel/pdf/jpg etc in your email system?
- do you upload these documents to a cloud provider such as dropbox, google docs, paperact, box etc?
3 reasons why (some) of our customers prefer on-premise appliance rather than an electronic filing system in the cloud:
- They don’t trust the ‘cloud’. Some of our customers are SMBs (small to medium size businesses), SOHO (small office home office) and workgroup of enterprises users. When it comes to replacing 10+ 4 draws filing cabinets their preference is to replace it with a physical, on-premise device rather than having their most important documents in a data centre.
- Cost – using the cloud for large number of documents or ‘transactions’ will increase the cost of your internet usage. While in the USA and other countries the cost of your internet link is not too expensive, our Australian customers are sensitive and aware of internet cost and data allowance issues.
- Where is my data? – our cloud solution is provided out of data centres in the USA and Australia. For customers that want to know where their data is physically, having an on-premise appliance gives them this piece of mind .
Digital mailbox (digital post) theory or practice?
Digital Mailbox Services like doxo, Zumbox and Manilla now in the news on a daily basis. Australia Post – ‘Australia Post Digital Mailbox’ is spending lots of money directing users (via paid advertising) to a landing page to register our interest. We consider this a lot of theory! PaperAct has been offering these services for our customers for a couple of years now with a very good take-up of our cloud solution. These type of services have a direct impact on the bottom-line of our customers and giving us the ability to offer our customers what they want. In addition, PaperAct (in practice – reality not Australia Post future digital mailbox register your interest nor Computershare Digital Post Australia Computershare, Salmat and Zumbox) offering the easy storage and retrieval of ALL your document. Whether they are paper based (with scanning capability directly to the cloud) emails, email attachments, smartphone document capturing and more. Start using PaperAct now to get control over ALL your important documents not just bills! - http://cloud.paperact.com
Paper Crunch – 4 things you can do to stop it!
Paper still dominates in business and personal levels as we still have the urge to hold onto something. The paperless ‘dream’, is still alive and yet seems far reach to many. So many individuals and businesses got ‘burnt’ by this concept at least once and used to spend over $1500 for a simple flatbed scanner in the late 90s. We need to cut the use of paper and act in order to streamline operations, increase efficiency, create better governance over our information.
4 simple things to do to cut on Paper:1. Email and Fax: do not print; look at what can be printed or faxed (electronically) without being printed first. Create an electronic filing cabinet / repository and file your emails/attachments and faxes there rather than duplicate, print and file!
2. Prepare for disaster – Paper won’t last forever You don’t have to look at Katrina in New Orleans or fires in Colorado; you can look at your own back yard. Only recently we had a customer with 50 archive boxes destroyed in the basement (in addition to elevator engines and expensive operating theatre equipment) when floods hit his premises.
Floods in Victoria or Queensland and fires in Russia, mudslides in China; all of these could happen at any time and in any region. Be ready and make sure your information is protected by being backed up not only on site but also off site!
3. Stop paper loss – filing cabinets are evil! Filing cabinets take up space and works against YOU when trying to file and retrieve information. Studies by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) suggest that on average, 7.5% of all documents are lost and that 3.5% of the remaining documents will be misfiled.
4. Improve your business processes to utilize existing content that is being captured once – not paper based information which is being reviewed in your in-tray 5 times a week. Apart from the cost of paper, toner, and other elements related to paper documents, the process and cost of moving it through your business is accumulated to ‘unseen’ lack of productivity!
Anaesthetic Card – ipad app for medical mobile billing and MBS codes CAPTURE, FILE, MANAGE, BILL AND REPORT ALL YOUR ANAESTETIC PROCEDURES USING YOUR IPAD
PaperAct is introducing aspecialised iPad application for Anesthetist. A fully integrated card and a filing system:
- Information regarding MBS descriptions, Item numbers and units easily searchable
- All details easily entered such as items number, surgeons, hospitals and insurances by direct entry or drop down lists
- Summing of units and costs calculated allow rapid decision for each Anesthetist to determine patient fee on an individual basis allowing this information available on the card for the secretaries
- Automatic calculations of time and dates save entering time
- Cards are downloaded online to secretaries when completed making them immediately available for processing without physically taking them in
- The digital cards are legible with complete information making them easy to transcribe for billing saving labor time and costs
- Cards can be accessed online remotely by the Anesthetist for referring, checking and tracking processing
- No physical space for storage with on site and off site securely available
- Anesthetists have access to there stored cards remotely from any computer with a sophisticated search built in to easily and rapidly find cards required.